Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The "shots"


 "We have our own weapons of mass destruction"


Let me preface this by saying I do not judge parents who vaccinate their children. I understand that, while I do not choose to vaccinate my child, other parents may choose to do so. More importantly, there are some people who, in their situation, would be neglecting their child's health to not vaccinate.

However...

Those of you who let your pediatrician "fire-at-will" because "it's what they said" or "it's what you're suppose to do" are incredibly irresponsible and, quite frankly, I think you aren't fit to be a parent. Matter of fact, I think you're an idiot.

First of all, I hate the word "shots". And I hate that people think they are as routine as, say, a diaper change. And by the way, your kid isn't cranky or sad because he got a "shot". They are miserable because their body is fighting the poison that you just let his pediatrician inject into him. That's why they get a fever or a rash. Oh! and that's why your kid gets a few of the same "shots". Because sometimes the body is really good at fighting off the vaccine and they need it again so it will "stick". Aka: their body will stop fighting it off.

BUT sometimes the vaccine will "stick" the first time and those other shots aren't needed. Didn't know that did you? A simple blood test will tell you which vaccines you child doesn't need to get again, and again...

Not to mention that most vaccines are for "herd immunity".

This "describes a type of immunity that occurs when the vaccination of a portion of the population (or herd) provides protection to unprotected individuals. Herd immunity theory proposes that, in diseases passed from person to person, it is more difficult to maintain a chain of infection when large numbers of a population are immune. The higher the proportion of individuals who are immune, the lower the likelihood that a susceptible person will come into contact with an infectious individual."
So what does all of that mean? It means that you vaccinate your child from diseases we don't really see so just in case you come in contact with someone with a disease, you won't spread it to an un-vaccinated person. That is if your vaccine works - which they don't always. Even if you've had the boosters.

At the very least you owe it to your child to read the ingredients in the vaccine. Even if you have no intention of changing the standard vaccine schedule. For the life of me, I can not understand why a parent wouldn't be interested in the poison, animal matter, fetal matter materials being injected into their child. Again, I know that some people, particularly older parents, grew up with some of these diseases and will do everything in their power to protect their children. That's your prerogative as a parent. But for God's sake people - read!

For more information on the ingredients in your child's vaccines and other vaccine related information visit:

Informed Choice
Vaccine Information Service
WAVE - World Association for Vaccine Education


... but to be honest. I'm glad for the parents that vaccinate at will without a second care or thought in the world... Because it's you that provided me the ability to not vaccinate my child.

0 words of wisdom:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 The Ragazza Felice.